St. Thomas More Academy (STMA) is an academic institution owned and operated by lay Catholics. The direction of St. Thomas More Academy is vested in its board of directors that oversees the not-for-profit corporation and the fidelity to the mission.
St. Thomas More Academy is an independent school rooted in the Catholic faith, providing a classical liberal arts curriculum, inspiring hearts, educating minds and nurturing the souls of our students.
St. Thomas More Academy is recognized and respected for academic excellence, producing successful, well-rounded students who are critical thinkers, confident in their faith.
Saint Thomas More Academy (STMA) strives to realize its vision and achieve its mission,
through collective actions characterized by the following values:
- Christ-Centeredness – Rooted in a rich Catholic Tradition, STMA’s religious education
extends beyond the classroom to permeate all aspects of a shared experience as a school community.
- Caring Teachers – The heart of STMA is the faculty whose members joyfully extend
themselves to ensure that each student develops a firm foundation on which a lifelong
commitment to, and love of, learning can mature.
- Individualized Instruction – Our commitment to a teacher-student ratio of no more than
20/1 and small class size ensures that students receive the personal attention they require to accelerate and optimize their learning.
- Development of the Whole Child – Established with a firm commitment to a classical liberal arts education, STMA’s curriculum stresses religion, a comprehensive reading program, writing, math, and critical thinking with strong attention to language, music, art, and physical education as essential to a core of instruction immersed in a spiritual, loving environment.
- Community – STMA prides itself on the partnership established between students, parents, teachers, administrators, and the community. These relationships focused on the presence of Christ promote a nurturing environment that is evident in all encounters.
- Integrity – Consistent with attention to Gospel values, interactions with others are
characterized by honesty, respect, and trust.
- Stewardship – STMA invites all members of the community to generously share their time, talent, and material resources in assisting us achieve our mission.
Saints Patrick and Joseph Garlic and Gaelic Celebration
March 19, 2024
Honoring two great Saints on one day